Descrição de Master in Fashion Design
Master Courses - Milan
19th edition - The course works as a creative laboratory that guides participants to the progressive acquisition of a clear project development methodology applied to the Made in Italy know-how. Working in the the fashion system in Italy means working within a definite and unique environment that implies the combination of design, style, manufacturing and society changes, that made history.
Participants improve their ability in exploring fashion trends, combining theoretical knowledge and awareness of Italian design with creativity and defining a strong and innovative fashion language in terms of ideas, shapes, textiles, colors and production processes.
They enhance their creative talents by practising on 4 different thematic workshops dedicated to Womenswear, Menswear, Bespoke, and Contemporary. These projects provide students with high-level tailoring methods, research and project development tools, in order to meet the market needs of the future.
Get an insight: find out more about Master's activities
Target - The Master in Fashion Design welcomes students with an Honours Degree in Fashion Design and designers operating in the sector who feel the need to improve and/or update according to contemporary approaches of research and design. To gain access to the course it is essential to know well the techniques of Fashion Design: modeling and tailoring, technical drawing, Photoshop e Illustrator.
Professional opportunities - Today, the career path of a Fashion Designer can develop in many different contexts. As specialists in the creative process of different kinds of apparel, they can collaborate with wholesalers, manufacturers or individual clients, or they can promote their own brands and designs.
Methodology and structure - The course is structured in complementary modules aimed at applying the design methodology to the 4 thematic workshops. Students deal with the different phases of the design process, supported by Project Leaders during the development of each project. In parallel, a series of preliminary courses and nurture courses are aimed respectively at being aligned to same cultural and creative design tools and at fostering the personal and professional growth of each student.
Conferences and visits to companies and centres of cultural interest give students the opportunity to meet industry professionals and to apply different cultural influences to their projects.
Results of the Final Project are presented at the end of the course to a commission consisting of industry professionals and experts.
Facilities and Scholarships - In order to support participants in the coverage of the participation fee, IED has activated an articulated system of facilities: partial or total Scholarships on tuition fee; Early Bird are facilitations for students finalizing enrolment by given deadlines.; Financings with the possibility to pay the tuition fee by instalments thanks to agreements with mortgage companies.
- FASHION CULTURE: The course tells about contemporary fashion through ideas, thoughts and works of the icons who influenced the history of modern costume, and those “new” names who are going to write the future of fashion. Furthermore, it would be very remarkable by gained a strong sense of image, being able to create links between different contexts and sources of inspirations.
- METHODOLOGY OF PROJECT DEVELOPMENT: The course proposes an update on contemporary methodology for an integrated development process of a creative product and leads to the adoption of results to a valid Design concept.
- FASHION SOCIOLOGY AND TRENDS: We are in a continuous evolution but towards where are we moving, how are we doing it, and which are the tools used and will be used in the next future is known by few. By studying social phenomena and processes, it is possible to anticipate actions and analyze how they are applied in the fashion world; discover what different future scenarios changes will transform the relationship between people and products.
- PROJECT DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS: Womenswear, Menswear, Bespoke, Contemporary.
- PERSONAL DESIGN: The course develops creativity and technical skills of students within the womenswear and menswear collections: use of colour, 3D sense and silhouette, sensitivity to fabric and material, aptitude for fashion drawing.
- LAB MATERIALS AND TEXTILES AND LAB REALIZATION: Goal of this teaching is the knowledge of textiles and materials and of their correct use within the 4 workshops. Students learn how to make materials best represent their collections.
- TEXTILE METHODOLOGY KNIT LAB: Goal of this teaching is the knowledge of textiles and materials and of their correct use within the development of womenswear and menswear collections.
- HISTORY OF FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY: Exploring the styles and lives of the leading exponents of fashion photography, so as to evaluate their impact on the imagery projected by fashion itself and to make a technical analysis of their style of composition, the influences they exert on one another and their role as trend catalysts.
- COMMUNICATION: With an overview on Social, E-Commerce and E-mail marketing the course provides students with insight and knowledge on marketing their own business, building their brand and engaging with customers using creative online marketing strategies, digital advertising and creative content creation.
- VISUAL LANGUAGE: This course provides an overview of the contaminations existing among art, fashion, illustration, costume, ballet, music and literature. The main objective is empowering students to develop their ability to better understand the roots and the contemporary growth of the visual language, mainly on fashion.
- VOCATIONAL GUIDANCE: The program helps students to focus on their career objectives as well as to enhance their own self-presentation skills by giving them all the support to create their curriculum with tips about how to behave during a professional interview.
- PRESENTATION TECHNIQUES: Prepare, design and delivery the presentation: what's the purpose? Who is it addressed to? By helping the students to improve their body-language, self-confidence and positive attitude, this course provides all the knowledge necessary to deliver an effective oral presentation.