Master of Digital Design.
- Type of course : Master
- Language : English
- School: Visual Communication
- IED Credits: 60
- Start date: October 2019
- Duration: 9 months
- Timetable : Afternoon-Evening form 19.00 to 22.00 h. Mon-Fri. 3, 4 ot 5 days a week
- Attendance: in-person
- Qualification: Private at the end of the course, a certificate will be given for having completed and successfully passed the course.
Directed to: FullStack Developers, Software Engineers, Web Developers (BackEnd and FrontEnd), UX/UI Designers, Service & Interaction Designers, AR/VR Specialists, Big Data Engineers, Data Visualization Designers, Audiovisual Communication and Digital Media.
Admission process: CV, motivational letter and Portfolio (no larger than 3 MB) / Website. Personal interview, if considered convenient for academic coordination.
Live a 360º Experience that will give you a global vision of the design process, creativity, business and new technologies, to improve your work position or be part of a large company.
In the Master you will learn in a practical way how to make digital products from the beginning, and a global visión of the design and development process: Research, Innovation Methodologies, Business Design, UX/UI, Design Systems, Prototyping, Marketing and Communication
This program is aimed at developers, software engineers and designers, passionate about coding and new technologies and who would benefit from adding design-related knowledge to their curriculum vitae (such as, UX / UI, visual design, design thinking) , in short, people who want to develop a global vision of the design process. We have created a course that fills the gap between traditional programs and the increasingly complicated and changing digital layer. The course lasts one academic year or 9 months.
As a response to this context, we have created a new program that answers the questions posed above. We are not going to focus on offering students specific skills, but rather the knowledge necessary to think, so that they may develop critical thinking and learn to learn, as well as project tools and methodologies for building any product or service, and the skills necessary to communicate, not only the results of their projects but also themselves.
Based on the above, we have identified some fundamental principles of our training, whose aim is to provide students with the tools that will allow them to adapt to a world in constant change. They are as follows:
- Critical thinking
- Learning to learn
- Learning to research
- Developing creativity
- Project culture
- Effective communication
- These fundamental principles must be acquired through practical project-based learning:
Fundamental principles of design:
- Training pedagogy
- Research methodologies
- Innovation Methodologies and Design Thinking
- Introduction to projects and project methodologies
- Project communication
The course methodology is based on Project Learning, and learning by doing. Right from the start, students will have to approach the definition, development and communication of their personal project. For this purpose, throughout the course they will have:
- Mentors, who will draw the path lines
- Stimulators, who will help them to open their minds
- Tutors, who will accompany them on a day-to-day basis
Future scenarios (Workshops).
Within each one of these stages, we will have different lectures, seminars and workshops focused on future scenarios, where we will invite the best professionals and companies to give their vision of the future in the most innovative fields of today.
- New Web Technologies (Web VR, Progressive Apps?)
- AI, Big Data, Data Visualization
- Creative & Visual Programming
Live a 360º Experience that will allow you to have a global vision of the design process, creativity, business and new technologies, to improve your work position or to become part of a large company.
What are you going to learn?.
To gain professional skills that will enhance your employment prospects through, building and testing a personal project testing your project under the guidance of highly experienced mentors.
- Creative techniques, Innovation methodologies & design thinking
- Business Design
- How to Research
- Design and develop digital products (webs and apps)
- Global vision of the design process
- UX/UI, Interaction design, Prototyping & Design Systems
- How to marketing, communicate and sell your projects and products
What are we going to produce?.
1 personal experimental and innovative project
1 Joint project, the course is project learning so everything is based around this project
Digital publication of the process and results
Train new professionals capable of leading change:
- Develop critical thinking
- Learn to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Adapt to the changes and needs of new times
- Provide the tools for tackling any type of project
- Develop methodologies and innovative strategies for problem-solving
- Express your personality in creative and innovative projects
- Learn to work in a professional environment, with real projects and clients
- Research, build and test project prototypes
- Career Opportunities
- Digital Product Manager
- Digital Product Designer
- Designer and UX Consultant
- UI Designer
- Digital Strategist
Who is aimed at?.
The program is aimed at full-stack developers, software engineers, designers, students and professionals who are passionate about coding and new technologies:
- FullStack Developers
- Web Developers (BackEnd and FrontEnd)
- UX/UI Designers, Service & Interaction Designers
- AR/VR Specialist
- Big Data Engineer & Data Visualizer Designer
- Audio visual Communication and Digital Media
We want to provide students with design knowledge so that they can add an important value to their CV, design related knowledge such as, design thinking, UX/UI, visual design, project methodologies, branding and communication, as well as discover and participate in the process of designing a digital product from start to finish.
You will develop a real project with a company, from start to finish, the training is project based, so everything you learn in class, you will apply in the project. You also develop a personal project during the course. These are the modules of the course:
1. Kickstart Week
Future Scenarios Workshop
Design Thinking (online classes)
Design Sprints Workshop
Personal digital brand
Project Communication (Branding, Marketing and Website)
Other Classes & Worskhops:
React & React Native
Rhino & Grasshopper