Master - Madrid
The Master of Communication Design Labs offers the keys to managing the complexity of the interconnected disciplines that are explored during the creative process. Students will learn to master linguistic resources and applications, to lead interdisciplinary teams in communication projects.
The Master aims to raise the professional profile of students so that they can be part of new business structures, where concepts and language are ever closer. The near constant exchange between students and teachers (active professionals with wide experience in the field of communication) enhances the processes of innovation and creativity that characterise this master.Career opportunities
: Creative director. Account manager. Marketing director. Brand manager. Strategic director. Conceptual director.
- Credits: 90
- Start date: January
- Language: English
- Duration: 11 months
What is the Master of Communication Design Labs?
The role of creative / communicator in a company is undergoing a process of transformation that demands a new profile. Companies in all sectors are starting to need a different kind of creative director, a person who is able to coordinate and deal with several specialists in the same environment and manage the processes that drive creativity and business strategies.
The Master of Communication Design Labs creates favourable conditions to achieve, over a year of learning and experience, the following objectives:
- Conceptualize, develop and communicate innovative ideas.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Build and communicate timeless concepts.
- Establish personal contacts with a range of professionals from the creative environment.
- ?De-specialise? and unlearn to gain a broader view.
The contents covered in the course are organized into modules:
- Foundation (critical historical analysis, methodology, sustainability, visual communication...)
- Specific (audiovisual language and production, anthropology, storytelling, copywriting, new communication strategies, briefing, advertising copywriting, branding, global trends, content marketing strategies, commercial communication projects?)
- Transverse (design culture, applied creativity, team building, design research, design thinking, job placement?)
- Thesis / research project (concept, idea, development, production, prototyping, display...)
Why study the Master of Communication Design Labs?
- Because we learn by doing: only then is it possible to really learn.
- Because we foster research and delve into the boundary between design, strategy and communication.
- Because the multicultural environment between students and professionals from different places enriches their personal experience.
- Because we offer the chance to network with companies and professionals of national and international renown.
- Because the programme is based on an innovative and transverse learning methodology.
- Because travel and visits enrich the knowledge areas.
- Because the cultural activity during the course is intense and helps to complement the experience.
- Because it takes place in Madrid, a European capital that is home to major institutions and companies, with intense cultural activity and highly accessible and multicultural.
How do students learn in the Master of Communication Design Labs?
Project culture is the basis of the work dynamic and students learn by conceptualizing, developing, producing and communicating.
The course is methodologically developed on the basis of
- Creative workshops
- Activities and workshops during international trips to institutions, firms and companies. Previous editions have included visits to such diverse destinations as San Francisco, Silicon Valley, China, Milan, London, Denmark, Portugal, Barcelona and Paris-Boisbuchet.
- Seminars and lectures
- Case Studies
- Activities and cultural events
- Tutorials for the development of specific projects
- Thesis research carried out throughout the master's program
At whom is the Master of Communication Design Labs aimed?
Professionals and graduates in any of the disciplines of the world of commercial communication, from traditional to interactive advertising, public relations, marketing, graphic design and product design. This programme has been devised with a multidisciplinary and international approach, set in the border between design and production.Faculty
Degree in Hispanic Philology from the Universidad Complutense. He is currently the Director of the poetry magazine El hombre de la calle (The man of the street). In addition to being a poet, he is a professor at the IED, the Escuela Superior de Arquitectura (Architecture College) and founder of the creative studio El Nombre de las Cosas (The Name of Things), which has given the names to companies such as Amena, Faunia and Opencor.
Writer and conceptual artist. He published the novel Guerra Ambiental (Environmental War) and directs the weekly program of sound experimentation and narrative La Oveja Negra (The Black Sheep), in Radio Círculo. He teaches classes at the IED Madrid and Hotel Kafka, as well as other centers. He has presented numerous projects and shows at festivals and artistic spaces such as La Casa Encendida, the SONAR festival and the National Museum Reina Sofía Art Center. He regularly collaborates with the press as a literary and music critic.
Coach Co Activo accredited by CTI (The Coaches Training Institute). Partner, Founder and Director of Talent Juice Coaching. With a degree in business from the University of San Francisco and a Master of Advertising from the IAA (International Advertising Association), she has worked as Accounts Director at various big-brand international advertising agencies.
International chess master, winner of more than 20 international tournaments and Coach of the Spanish Chess Federation. A conference speaker, in charge of the education department and General Coordinator at the Miguel Illescas Chess School.
Holds a degree in Education Science, with advanced studies at the Queen’s University in Belfast; he was Director of Ópera Prima and Neuronilla.com, as well as manager of the Youth Initiative Cabinet of the Autonomous Government of Extremadura, where he received a European Special Mention for company design management.
PhD and PDD from the IESE, he is Vice- President of ASIEMA (International Association of Management Studies) and Partner-Director of MindValue. He combines his professional activities with professorial duties, such as serving as Professor of the Department of Human Behavior in the European Forum, Business School of Navarra. www.mindvalue.com
PhD in Sociology. He teaches Prospective Sociology and Social Structure and Change at the Faculty of Economics at the University of Alicante. A conference speaker, author of various books and Director of the ETC Research Unit-Laboratory of Applied Prospects at the University of Alicante.
Partner and Founder of Humantific, New York. A conference speaker at various European and American universities. Her great passion consists of helping people learn about, understand and resolve complex situations from new and innovative perspectives.
Chosen as the Best Creative Director in Spain in El Ojo de Iberoamérica in 2001 and 2005. Since 1990, he has developed his career at Vitruvio Leo Burnett, where he began as an Account Executive. One year later, he moved to the Creativity Department and five years later he was named Executive Creative Director. He is currently the Creative Director of his own agency: China.
He has a degree and MBA in Company Management from the University of Barcelona ESADE, where he later worked as a professor. In advertising and communications, he has served as the Creative Director for such noteworthy agencies as Bassat Ogilvy & Mather, Saatchi & Saatchi, Euro RSCG and *S,C,P,F...
National Design Award winner. Throughout the four decades of his professional career, he has developed the corporate identity for brands such as: Pegaso, Fagor and Roca; for events such as ARCO and Expo Sevilla 92; and for public administrations such as the Barcelona stock market and the Ministry of Public Administrations.
Creator, strategist, writer, conference speaker and professor, considered to be one of the most significant advertisers of Spanish advertising.